Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile)
1st Shift M-F
8:00am - 4:30pm
The Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile), located in Anderson County, SC, is responsible for repairing and maintaining all medium to heavy duty customer vehicles and equipment which includes routinely performing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance to ensure efficient vehicle operations. The Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile) will operate a company owned service vehicle to visit customers and conduct service repairs onsite. Service repairs may include but are not limited to equipment such as forklifts, trailers and tractors. Diesel Maintenance Techs (Mobile) will also be responsible for making road calls as needed. The duties for the Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile) will be performed independently, with little to no supervision. Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile) will also be responsible for mentoring Diesel Maintenance Techs (C), as needed. Must be equipped with personal tool box.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of repairing or replacing all structural, body and mechanic parts of a trailer. Must possess basic computer entry (PC) skills.
- 3 years previous experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance or 3-5 years verifiable experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance.
- DOT Brake/Annual inspector certified.
- Basic welding and metal fabrication skills.
- Diagnose and repair After Treatment
- Proficient in electrical and diagnostics/troubleshooting
- Diagnose and repair ABS and air brake systems.
- Must complete all required paperwork, adhere to and maintain a high level of housekeeping.
- Ability to maintain parts inventory process.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic truck driving skills.
- Operate with minimal supervision.
- Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external customers
- Adhere to all Red Classic safety guidelines
- Competitive pay based on years of experience
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Annual Safety Bonus Opportunity
- Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits (Eligible after 90 days)
- Must be at least 21 years old
- DOT Brake/Annual Inspection certification
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Clean driving record
- Must have valid driver's license
- No more than two moving violations (e.g. speeding, failure to yield, failure to stop, violating a traffic signal, etc.) during the previous three years
- No more than one accident in the previous three years
- No escalated moving violations in the last 7 years
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Diesel trade school diploma plus three(3) to fice(5) years previous experience in heavy duty truck maintenance, or
- Five (5) or more years verifiable experience in heavy duty truck maintenance
- CDL-A or ability to obtain within ninety (90) days of employment
Red Classic is an Equal Opportunity Employer