Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) - Customer Dedicated
2nd Shift | Tuesday - Friday| 4:00pm - 2:30am
The selected diesel mechanic will work exclusively with one of our valued customers, providing comprehensive maintenance and repair services at the customers location.
The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will be responsible for repairing and maintaining medium to heavy duty customer vehicles and equipment (class 8 semis, forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.). Services include routinely performing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance to ensure efficient vehicle operations. In this role, the Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will work on site with our customer with access to specialty tools and equipment to properly perform work task. The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will perform job duties independently with little to no supervision & must be equipped with personal tool box.
Basic knowledge and understanding of repairing or replacing all structural, body and mechanic parts of a trailer. Must possess basic computer entry (PC) skills.
- Proficient welding and metal fabrication skills.
- Diagnose and repair or replace lights, wiring and GPS tracking system.
- Diagnose and repair ABS and air brake systems.
- Ability to maintain parts inventory process.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic truck driving skills.
- Operate with minimal supervision.
- Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external customers
- Competitive pay based on years of experience
- Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Annual Safety Bonus Opportunity
- Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits (Eligible after 60 days)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- ASE Certification preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Clean driving record
- Must have valid driver's license
- No more than two moving violations (e.g. speeding, failure to yield, failure to stop, violating a traffic signal, etc.) during the previous three years
- No more than one accident in the previous three years
- No escalated moving violations in the last 7 years
- Diesel trade school diploma plus five (5) to seven (7) years previous experience in heavy duty truck maintenance, or
- Five (5) or more years verifiable experience in heavy duty truck maintenance
- CDL-A or ability to obtain within ninety (90) days of employment