The Material Handling Equipment Mechanic is responsible for repairing and maintaining company and customer material handling equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.) which includes routinely performing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance to ensure efficient operations. The Material Handling Equipment Mechanic is responsible for all daily and long term fork lift maintenance activities. It is this mechanic's responsibility to ensure that all scheduled and unexpected fork lift maintenance tasks be completed in an efficient and timely manner. The Material Handling Equipment Mechanic will perform job duties independently, with little to no supervision &must be equipped with personal tool box.
Basic knowledge and understanding of Fork Lift operations and equipment. Must possess basic computer entry (PC) skills & possess high level diagnostics/troubleshooting skills.
- Diesel/automotive trade school diploma (+) 2 years' experience repairing and/or maintaining electrical, propane and hydraulic equipment.
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing electrical issues.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair hydraulic leaks up to and including changing hydraulic hoses, repacking cylinders and repairing/replacing pumps.
- Previous experience using a multimeter and reading wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance tasks, including: oil changes, tune ups, hydraulic system inspection and repair, electrical systems diagnostics and repair, belt changes, telescopic masts, steering and suspension.
- Replacement of brake components, wheels and tires.
- Repair attachments and mast components.
- Troubleshoot, repair or replace LP components.
- Ability to obtain a Class A, CDL within 90 days, preferred.
- Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external customers.
- Adhere to all Red Classic safety guidelines.
- Competitive pay based on years of experience
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Annual Safety Bonus Opportunity
- Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits (Eligible after 60 days)
- Must be at least 18years old
- Brake and D.O.T certification, preferred
- AC Certification, preferred
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- No more than two moving violations (e.g. speeding, failure to yield, failure to stop, violating a traffic signal, etc.) during the previous three years
- No more than one accident in the previous three years
- No escalated moving violations in the last 7 years
Red Classic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.