The Diesel Maintenance Tech (C) works closely with an experienced mechanic to gain ability and experience in performing maintenance and repairs on all types of customer's vehicles and equipment. The Diesel Maintenance Tech (C) also learns to recognize potential problems that could result in mechanical failures and/or safety violations. The Diesel Maintenance Tech (C) must be equipped with personal tool box.
- Beginner knowledge and understanding of vehicle maintenance and ability to identify key components.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to perform some minor repairs.
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Ability to perform occasional lifting of 50 lbs.; standing/walking/stooping/kneeling/8-hour days
- Ability to work in indoor/outdoor environments, noisy conditions and near hazardous chemicals (paint, brake cleaner, etc.)
- Strong team player
- Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions
- Able to work a flexible schedule and be able to vary the start and finish times, possibly including weekends and holidays.
- Quick study, self-motivated problem solver with a high degree of integrity and be able perform job duties with direction on a timely basis.
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred
- Competitive pay based on years of experience
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Annual Safety Bonus Opportunity
- Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits (Eligible after 90 days)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Clean driving record
- Must have valid driver's license
- No more than two moving violations (e.g. speeding, failure to yield, failure to stop, violating a traffic signal, etc.) during the previous three years
- No more than one accident in the previous three years
- No escalated moving violations in the last 7 years
Red Classic is an Equal Opportunity Employer