The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) (Mobile capability) is responsible for repairing and maintaining all medium to heavy duty customer vehicles and equipment (class 8 semis, forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.) which includes routinely performing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance to ensure efficient vehicle operations. The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will perform job duties independently with little to no supervision & must be equipped with personal tool box. Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring Diesel Maintenance Tech (C) employees as needed.
Basic knowledge and understanding of repairing or replacing all structural, body and mechanic parts of a trailer. Must possess basic computer entry (PC) skills.
- Diesel/automotive trade school diploma (+) 3 years previous experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance or 3-5 years verifiable experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance.
- DOT Brake/Annual inspector certified.
- Proficient welding and metal fabrication skills.
- Diagnose and repair or replace lights, wiring and GPS tracking system.
- Diagnose and repair ABS and air brake systems.
- Must complete all required paperwork, adhere to and maintain a high level of housekeeping.
- Ability to maintain parts inventory process.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic truck driving skills.
- Operate with minimal supervision.
- Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external customers
- Adhere to all Red Classic safety guidelines
- Competitive pay based on years of experience
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Annual Safety Bonus Opportunity
- Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits (Eligible after 90 days)
- Must be at least 21 years old
- ASE Certification preferred.
- DOT Brake/Annual Inspection certification
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Clean driving record
- Must have valid driver's license
- No more than two moving violations (e.g. speeding, failure to yield, failure to stop, violating a traffic signal, etc.) during the previous three years
- No more than one accident in the previous three years
- No escalated moving violations in the last 7 years
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Diesel trade school diploma plus five (5) to seven (7) years previous experience in heavy duty truck maintenance, or
- Five (5) or more years verifiable experience in heavy duty truck maintenance
- CDL-A or ability to obtain within ninety (90) days of employment